Srivathsan SHead HR at Times Network
Srivathsan is a senior human resources leader with proven expertise in delivering HR solutions in progressively complex contexts in top multi-nationals and blue-chip Indian companies across industry verticals. He is responsible for providing strategic Human Resource Leadership to a team of 1300 + employees spread across locations in one of the most challenging times in the broadcasting industry with deep regulatory and business challenges in a fast-paced “disrupt-able” environment.
Earlier he has worked with companies such as Sony Pictures Network (formerly Sony Entertainment Network), Wockhardt Ltd., Mahindra British Telecom, ABC Consultants and Godrej Sara Lee. His selected few yet significant achievements include:
• Creation and sustenance of an enabling performance culture to support business growth while reducing attrition and improving manpower costs to revenue ratio
• Delivering on Strategic Performance and Compensation Management plans that linked Variable Pay to Quarterly KRAs and objectives for the Management and sales teams
• Conducting Goal Setting workshops, KRA cascading and performance appraisals through TAP, the online system
• Leading addition of key Strategic Talent from outside to provide depth and firepower the management team
• Crafting Hi-Potential Talent Retention and Succession Plans through the Talent Review process
• Working with Aon Hewitt and delivered on a Job Evaluation exercise and co-created a Competency Framework along with the functional heads for identifying winning behaviors at the workplace
• Improvising Governance standards and HR practices in the company while keeping the Audit committee, Members of the Board and Stakeholders engaged and updated on the changes
• Planning Learning initiatives in the area of Sales and General Management with an eye to improve quality
• Putting the company on the path to “Great Place to Work” among media and entertainment companies in India
• Creating avenues for enhancing employee engagement levels and employee care through off-site Interactions, rewards and recognition scheme and suitable policy revisions
Srivathsan has been an Engineering student and has also done his Masters in Management from IIT, Mumbai.
He has also acquired various certifications on 360-degree feedback and Behavioral Interviewing Techniques.
He has been awarded ‘HR Manager of the Year’ award by Amity Business School and has been invited to deliver guest lectures at Business Schools and HR forums.